ABC Little Schools has been providing quality education for over 35 years
ABC Little Schools – it is our ultimate goal to maintain an environment where parents have a piece of mind while children are in our care. It is important to know that children are safe, happy and well taken care of. The essence of our care revolves around “The Whole Child” approach where proper education, nurture, nutrition and play combine. Our campuses and staff are continuously improving, our goal is to provide the best care for the little ones. There are 4 convenient locations in Sherman Oaks, Van Nuys, Studio City and West Hollywood.
Our Teachers are loving, nurturing and very caring. Transition for most children is fast and smooth. Most of our staff have been teaching at ABC for a while, our focus is to create stability for the children. At our schools all staff members meet or exceed State of California Preschool Teacher qualifications and are encouraged to continue their professional development. Many of the staff at ABC Little Schools are bilingual. They will introduce their language to the children through songs, books and simple commands. As a result, children become familiar with different cultures and languages. In addition, cultural diversity is introduced and encouraged through reading books, arts and crafts and while having fun!
Staying Healthy in Preschool
Keeping our students and staff healthy throughout the school year and beyond is one of our top priorities. Most importantly, we maintain strict health policy at school for all students – we check our students upon arrival to make sure that he or she is ready for a fun filled day and there are no illness symptoms. We take many steps to ensure health and safety of our students, therefore reducing chances of becoming ill.
Ways We Stay Healthy
- Frequent hand washing is the best way to prevent many illnesses – students wash their hands many times throughout the day.
- We clean, disinfect and sanitize toys, furniture and other objects in the classrooms.
- The outdoor areas are clean and maintained
- Menu consists of healthy meals to boost immunity
- All of our students are vaccinated
- Our cleaning product are “green” – which is much better for students, staff and the planet!
- Our cleaning crew cleans the entire campus thoroughly every night, every corner gets inspected and cleaned
- Even our classrooms carpets get steam cleaned and sanitized
- We do not allow sick children to attend preschool, we do not want other students and staff do get sick
- Cots are properly labeled – each child sleeps on their own cot (we do not allow sharing )
- Read more about how we prevent sickness in our schools
Proper nutrition gives our bodies the right amount of energy, enough raw materials and all of the “little helpers” we need to stay healthy. Good nutrition will also provide photo-chemicals and antioxidants that helps us to feel good, look great, and perhaps even keep us disease-free. We take time to design our menus to satisfy the pickiest eaters by creating tasty dishes that are nutritious and appetizing. We incorporate brown rice, oat bran, couscous, quinoa and many other nutrient-dense ingredients.
It is our goal to provide children with wholesome and nutritious meals. All meals are cooked on premises using only all natural ingredients without additives, preservatives and sugars. The choices of proteins include fresh vegetables, chicken, turkey, fish and beef. All meals are served with abundant fresh fruit and vegetables. ABC Little School is a peanut free and nut free school.
We provide 3 meals a day – morning snack ( or breakfast), hot lunch and afternoon snack which are included with tuition
In the beginning of each month each family receives a monthly newsletter along with the Lunch and Snack menu. Each campus offers a different menu. Please make us aware of all food allergies and/or religious preferences.